FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iDine website rant
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:12 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
He he...I've now been having some fun at the Skymiles Dining site. I know I have a Skymiles Dining account, and I know the credit card attached to Skymiles because once in a while - out of the blue - I accidentally earn a few Skymiles by using that card at a restaurant I didn't realize was part of iDine.

Two enhancements that the iDine IT team has made:

(1) The various iDine sites are now Googlable. THANK YOU, iDine, for making the pages searchable. Six months ago, you had to go digging deep within Delta.com, NWA.com, UAL.com, etc. to find the iDine sites. (When you went Googling for iDine sites, you sometimes got sent to a Flyertalk thread! )

Now a Google of "Skymiles Dining" correctly returns the Skymiles Dining home page.

(2) When you guess a User ID and are wrong - but hit one you have used on another iDine site - Skymiles Dining tells you this! Basically it says, "We notice you have a Worldperks Dining account", but it STILL MAKES YOU KEEP GUESSING AT THE SKYMILES ACCOUNT!!! I guess this is an "enhancement", because I *did* successfully uncover the Worldperks account for which I had forgotten the User ID. (I went to Worldperks and tried guessing Skymiles IDs to no avail.)

What a big sloppy cluster****. I think what happened back in the day was that I gradually joined iDine over time. I was flying AA, so I joined AA Dining. Then I flew US for a while and joined Dividend Dining. And so on. Had I known what a mess this was, and had I joined them all at once, I would have done what Rico did - appending AA, US, DL, etc. on the end of my "normal" ID. I failed to recognize early on what a train wreck this would become!