View Single Post
Old May 19, 09, 7:00 pm
jan_az

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
SIN and "doctor fish"

The lure of DEQM and upgradable fares under 1K took SanDiego1K and I to SIN this past weekend.

Had a great Flight LAX-NRT in the new C, I had the Zen box and chose to fly backwards. It was totally normal except for landing. Did none of the work I had planned to do - simply slept and watched some TV shows.

We had a silly swine flu inspection , in which 2 pieces of white paper were missing, so it ended up being 45 minutes. Watching the people in that hazmat gear was amusing ( I mean geez - 36K people die from the regular flu every yr).

This left us with a very tight connection in NRT ( no time for the RCC , but time for the smoking lounge by gate 35).

NRT-SIN was in old C ( what a contrast, I got on and thought I was in coach ). Awful crew - left my dinner dishes sitting for over an hour.

Taxi into town was $12 SIN before surcharges and $25 after - cant make any
sense of it. Check in at the conrad was painless and my room was fine. SanDiego1k had to get a new one.

Got up next morning and we went to the lounge - selections seem to have gone down hill since the last time I was there . We decided on our plan for the day - reflexology, lunch and a museum.

We went to the refloxology place and they had the "doctor fish". Never ones to pass up an adventure we had to try this.

So we stick our feet in the "pool" with the fish and they start nibbling at them. Felt weird and tingly, but the end result was NADA.

Refloxology was fantastic, lunch place was closed for updating and it was raining so we went back to the Conrad and had high tea b4 going to the FT dinner at Palm Beach ( see Community thread)

Got up this morning and ugh same crew SIN-NRT.