FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}
Old May 19, 2009, 5:27 am
Bikeguy

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ITravelThereforeIam
mainly walking and swimming in the ocean....I'll take the bus around, and just want a nice, clean place to camp...the hospitality suite is a nice idea, but so many negative reports...som one more time, whaddya think??
I'd stay near Diamond Head or even further NE, as the east side of the island has the most beautiful scenery, IMHO. There are some dynamite trails with elevation changes and great views and the beaches are less populated on the east side.

As the breakfast buffet is a joke now, the only thing you'll gain if elite is a good view.

If that isn't important to you, I'd Priceline something and use the 120K at a killer Hilton hotel.

40K for Conrad Tokyo versus 40K for HHV. The decision is not remotely close.

Use your points for expensive hotels or GLONs. A 3 day stay at HHV doesn't qualify.

If you have SPG, I think one of the best deals in HNL is the Sheraton on points and cash. IIRC, something like $60 and 3K points? Make sure to ask for the side away from the market.