FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Online camera stores ...
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2009, 4:47 pm
D1andonlyDman
Suspended

Originally Posted by allset2travel
That good experience with Cameta lead to another purchase of 2 third party brand batteries for my D90 (I know, I should have stayed with Nikon brand). The batteries (2 of them) do not hold charge, at best holds about 35% of full charge. I want to return for replacement after 1 use. Have emailed (this is according to Amazon-Cameta procedure) to Cameta five days ago. Still have not heard from them.

I think if nothing goes wrong, Cameta is fine. But when you have a problem with the product, they don't seem to respond! Any similar experience with Cameta? If so, how did you get resolution?
I've not had any problem with Cameta, but I have certainly had problems with 3rd party batteries on a D90. Usually, I prefer to buy no-name batteries, but the D90 is notoriously picky with batteries. I had 2 clone batteries that worked fine - even lasted longer than the genuine Nikon batteries in my D50 and D80 - but the D90 won't recognize them as charged, even when they are fully charged, it won't operate and gives the dead battery symbol. I finally bit the bullet and got a couple of Genuine Nikon EN-EL3e spares. Fortunately, I was able to pick them up for under $24 each from a guy on ebay who was unloading his entire Nikon D90 kit because he had been laid off. Most of the supposedly "authentic" EN-EL3e batteries that come from China are counterfeits, and no different fro the average $12 clone battery except for the fake labeling.