FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena: Sheraton or Westin? [Master Thread]
Old May 18, 2009, 9:53 am
Sam P. Goodman

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
After debating a switch to the Westin (for about $30 or $40 more), we decided to stick with the Sheraton for our one night stay this weekend. I had booked an accessible room (best price) and noted that I didn't actually need one. They were completely sold out, but were able to check us in at 11am and gave us a room on the club floor with club access. This room was significanly nicer than the ground floor room we had last time.

Club lounge had decent offerings in the evening and morning, but it was absolutely over utilized. It's probably the size of two standard rooms and both times we tried to go in, there were probably 30 or 40 people in there. This hotel has a larger than normal footprint resulting in a lot of rooms per floor, which may have been part of the reason for the crowds.

I'm glad we gave the Sheraton a second chance. I still liked the Westin better, but given that the Sheraton is usually cheaper, it's a decent option.