FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit Asia Rule
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2009, 7:07 am
JayPee

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by JayPee
I think you may fall foul of the continuous forward direction rule when you come to HKG-SYD-HKG-ICN.

I tried a year ago to get JFK-LHR-JNB-LHR before getting back to HKG and it was bombed on the grounds that I was re-entering an intermediate continent, notwithstanding the fact that at least one of the LHR transits was less than 24hrs.
Forgot to add that I sympathise with you as it is unbelievablably irritating when you have a planned trip validated by the Oneworld tool only to find it may not meet the "hidden" rules that the member airlines tend to hide behind.

I had a similar experience when I was told that the QF SYD-JFK flight via LAX while still only one coupon was regarded as a flight from LAX-JFK for the purposes of "Only 1 transcontinental flight in US" rule, which then meant I could not do JFK-YVR.

This was validated by the booking tool but when I asked agent to book, CX refused to issue.

Yet another example of Oneworld having one set of rules for public consumption and another set that the airlines, apply contradictory to what we read.

Last edited by JayPee; May 18, 2009 at 7:09 am Reason: Crap spelling