FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2009, 7:57 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by LamboRich
Minus Points
Seems that most of Japan is very rules driven thus

1) check in staff (including the G.M) were not keen on giving upgrades they had an attitude of you get what you pay for. (This was not cool)

2) I had a family plan as I had my daughter in a separate room. At time of Booking I specifically asked is it OK for my Nanny to stay in the same room as my daughter? One of the most senior Gold Passport Managers says "Yes Thats Fine" - this was good enough for me. So when we get to the Park Hyatt , they ask the question... is your nanny staying in the same room as your daughter ? I said Yes, then they say in which case you don't get the 50% discount for family plan. Luckily I took the name of the manager who promised this. So they honored it. But was it worth the 5 min argument ??

We didnt have this problem in Singapore (2 nights) or in Auckland (7 nights )

3) My daughter was tired and we had to wait for the first room for 30mins+ and My second room wasn't ready when I got there, normally not an issue but when I specifically call ahead and check to make sure it will be ready and they say don't worry. I expect it to be in order. When you are spending about $1000 per night I want it right.

4) It is expensive

5) No Club Lounge
--------------------
It is important to remember that the PHT only has something like 170 rooms, which among other things is one reason upgrades are not given out liberally just on the basis that a guest is a diamond member.

Also, I am impressed that the hotel granted you the discount for the second room. Because of the fact that there was another adult staying in the room, nanny or otherwise, you probably were not in fact eligible for any discount on that room.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; May 17, 2009 at 8:05 am