FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}
Old Jul 30, 2001, 8:35 am
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Hilton debacle in PDX

So, I get to PDX and meet up with auh2o and koko****. The first thing they tell me is that the Hilton Portland is a "hole". Koko's already got another room over at the Embassy Suites and auh2o got all riled up and demanded better accomdations also. Now, I finally get to the hotel and I don't know what these two knuckle heads are talking about. Nice lobby. Get to my room ... King bed/HHonors Floor. They give me the breakfast coupons without asking. The coupons are good for a full breakfast, including room service, coupons include gratuity. Okay ... so I'm thinking the rooms must really be crappy. Get to the room. Average size .... bathroom a little on the smallish size, but I thought well laid out. Nice furniture ... high speed internet access ... okay, this place is not a hole.

So, they are saying how great the Embassy Suites is ... koko already has a room over there. The Hilton offers to upgrade auh2o to a suite there or move him over to the Embassy Suites, so he takes the Embassy Suites. We go over there. koko is Gold and auh2o is a Diamond and they are both upgraded. I go to their upgraded accomodations ... they're single rooms?!? What the heck is up with that, how can an upgrade at the Embassy Suites be a room instead of a suite???

Anyway, the real moral of the story that I've learned is that some Flyertalkers are spoiled, and when they claim a hotel is a hole ... well, not every hotel can be the Waldorf Astoria I guess ...