FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just rebooked from TG to LX. What are my options?
Old May 16, 2009, 2:44 am
alanw

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Just rebooked from TG to LX. What are my options?

I have an F award booking BCN-BKK in July, and TG rescheduled TG825 MUC-BKK from a night departure to daytime. Not a big deal, last week I noted that the change was reflected on checkmytrip.com and the new timing is fine, including an earlier connecting flight on JK (the original was LH).

Today I received a new itin by email. No explanation, just "BMI TRAVEL CONFIRMATION" and flights close to my original times but on LX via ZRH. This is the old LX F on the A340, not the new F everyone's excited about on the 333.

I would rather they had left it alone and stayed on TG I think and, sadly, it appears that TK are not operating the 77W on this route anymore, which would have been my first choice if I had to change.

So on to the questions: why did they rebook me on LX via ZRH without me asking after they had already rebooked me via MUC at the new time (is this normal)? Do I have the option of calling ICC and making them put me back on TG even if there is no more availability? Finally, is being on LX such a bad thing? I've never flown them in F before though I haven't particularly enjoyed them in C and I've always liked my TG F flights.

Thanks!