FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2001, 3:45 pm
gregory_king

Thanks to both of you. For the point of having her sleep in our bed -- I agree that it is an acceptable option (Lord knows she does it enough at home where she has her own bed!). However, I am not joking when I tell you that I tried to do this at a Sheraton property (cannot recall which) about a year ago, and because they saw my wife and daughter with me at the check-in, they said that they wouldn't give me my room since they saw that there were going to be 3 people in the room and that it violated their policy. They told me to book a suite instead.

Since then, I make sure that every hotel confirmation specifically shows two adults and one child.

I thought about risking it -- just checking in with them waiting somewhere else, and just going up to the room, etc. But it will be our last night of a long European vacation, and the last thing we need is some random act of corporate policy ruining it. Since I was
able to work it out (albeit without any real understanding of the underlying thought process), I decided to let it go. I posted only because I thought that perhaps someone had some specific knowledge of the policies regarding this stuff. Particularly with the airline stuff on Flyertalk, I am always amazed by how much "inside" information the eltie travellers seem to know....