FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interview with UA VP of Customer Service Barbara Higgins
Old May 14, 2009, 1:16 pm
prestonh

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by fastair
So this thread is now about 16 months old, and 2 full years since Ms. Higgins has been at the point.

What changes have you seen positive?

What positive changes have not developed that you would have expected?
Postive changes:

-Positively increased fees for service. Disney charges for everything now, while the guest experience remains about the same. The one that gets me is for the same flight, UA keeps jacking up the change fees.
-Positively increased the number of CSR's, phone and otherwise, that say 'no, we can't do that for you'. Whether it's query how many on the UG waitlist, ask to be put on the standby list, or see if my bags can be transferred to the earlier flight. In the days of the old-fashioned 1K rooms, you actually didn't even have to ask, it was done with a page to pick up your worked-out ahead resolutions. Now it's a nearly universal 'No'.
-Positively increased the number of 'No, I can't check you in, you have to use the chicken'.
-Positively increased the number of 'That flight is sold out so I'm not going to put you on standby', even though they don't key in the flight and i know there's seats available.
-Postively increased the number of times I've said to myself 'Now why do I pay for the RCC?'
-Positive that TED is dying and the number of F seats out of FL will be going up exponentially.
-Positive that I miss my ice cream on the transcon.
-Positive that Ch9 is on less
-the new C seats are amazing. But I doubt that was up to Ms. Higgins.

What hasn't happened?
-Meal service improving
-Increase in helpful CSR's, particularly during irrops.