FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1000 FF Miles for renewing domain with NetworkSolutions
Old Mar 11, 2004, 3:36 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
my first site was with NetSol. I ran into problems when they double-charged me for something but said it would take several weeks or maybe a month plus to get that money back. After extensive complaining, I finally reached someone there in the higher ups who finally sent me a check, Fed x. Seems they could have saved the mail charges and just do things right the first time.

Anyway, having been satisfied at the eventual effort to make things right, I continued w/their service and pretty much left things alone for the while. I have since shifted sites around and I dont use them these days.

More recently, however, I did renew a site for someone that already had it going through them. I had done some web site work for this person and he wanted to leave things as they had been, so I paid for what he wanted and included those charges in my final bill to him for all services on his site that I worked on. (I was doing it such that I would charge for any updates or new work on the site, any long-term hosting, and any new or renewal registration fees, and then bill for my services and add on those fees with a nominal markup people were happy with)

I personally have long since chosen other services for my own web sites, but when putting together that one I worked on for someone else, I was able to get the 1000 mile thing. It worked for me and I guess I have to say I am surprised it did, because I waited so long for the miles to show up. But I am now ashamed to say, since everyone here says it's not worth it, that I DID get those miles--actually, I had them posted to my wife's FFP because she was that much short of an award she wanted. Anyway, they took 3 months to come but they did show up and it says "Network Solutions sign up" in the airline miles profile for that period.

I would probably not go back for more--yes, there are far better and cheaper places to set up a web site--but this one did work for me and so if you are already in the waiting period, just hang onto your paperwork and wait a bit longer. When the 1000 miles come, make new choices for the next time if you need to.

good luck.
MM