FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New One-Way Flex Award / Awards, <NO> Stopover Rule, and Booking Engine (May 9, 2009)
Old May 12, 2009, 10:19 pm
SST

Originally Posted by tommy777
I knew it was too good to be true... Is it impossible for an airline to introduce something positive without adding something negative?
Yes, it's impossible, it seems. The value of your miles falls every SINGLE time they announce these "enhancements". Same with hotel points. There is absolutely no value in saving these points: spend them down for your desired award every chance you get, or they'll be yanked from your miserable hands and you'll be the sucker left when the music stops.

Understand, friends: Bernie Madoff did his thing, and these programs are about one small step removed from Bernie. Earn and burn, before they take the punchbowl away, and learn everything you can here to maximize the burn.

I wish I hadn't collected so many points, but the business travel for many years just prevented me from working down the balance. I've kind of given up hope on all these programs: it's simply a joy to spend the miles/points. What they buy today will be worth a whole lot more than what they buy tomorrow. And he who dies with the most points......... is dead.

Onward and let's travel!