FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2001, 10:13 am
NomadPerkins

Programs: UA 1M, 1K,AA 2M,HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Sorry you all had such a bad time at the Metropole. Following hints obtained at this site I chose the hotel for its location and rates for a brief visit to London in April (4/21) The hotel was jammed with some sort of international banking meeting, lots of men in dark suits milling about, metal detectors and x-ray machines at the doors. We had a rate of 108 pounds including breakfast, having only a Hilton Gold Card I was worried about stories of older rooms in some dark tower, but we received an upgrade to an executive floor room. Breakfast was on the 34th or something floor, great view and service. Only problem was with the evil mini-bar, we had a phantom charge appear on our bill, but after calling the Hilton Honors number on our return, they promised to look into it. 3 weeks later a letter from the hotel manager arrived apologizing for the mistake, credited my account, and offered a free upgrade for my next stay. I guess it all matters on which crew is working on the date of your stay. Thanks