FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List your upgrades!
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2009, 11:58 pm
SusanDK

Originally Posted by scootle

Is Avis supposed to rectify this failure to upgrade or announce the downgrade? The agent did not ask if it was OK to accept the intermediate when my request was for a full (they have previously made sure I was OK with any downgrades).

Thoughts?
I have found that the agents rarely, if ever, say anything about the car assigned, whether an upgrade or otherwise. Usually, they just hand over the key and tell you the space number.

Consequently, it has become my habit to say to them "what have you selected for us today" (or something like that) before they hand me the keys, in case I want to ask for something else, which is easier to do when already being attended to at the kiosk rather than go check the car out and have to come back and get in the queue again if unhappy.

They should have told you about the downgrade, but it sounds like they were quite busy when you were there, so they were just trying to get people on their way. You could always send a comment via the Customer Service form on Avis.com and ask for a price adjustment from the full to an intermediate if you feel unhappy about it. Or if you haven't returned the car yet, you could try to get them to adjust the final bill at that time (you'd have to approach the kiosk for his, however, as the agents with the handheld devices to check you out would not be able to make adjustments).

Susan