FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Ménage a Trois in Texas and Escape to Mexico
Old May 10, 2009, 12:58 pm
Martinis at 8

Introducing The Three Sisters!

The Three Sisters also known as The Twisted Sisters is one of Texas’ better motorcycle rides. It is a technical motorcycle ride that should be done carefully and only by experienced riders. It is not a ride that should be attempted with any speed. The sisters are loaded with very short, blind radius curves and hilly gradients with ondulations and other unexpected twists. This would be my first time doing the sisters, and I chose to do so on a weekday when I would have them all to myself

The sisters are ranch roads 337, 335, and 336. Examine the map below starting from your right (East) and locate the town of Medina. This is where 337 starts (at the Old Timer) and continues on to Camp Wood all the way to the west. This is the longest of the three sisters. I found the stretch of 337 from Medina to Leakey to be the most technical of the three. At Camp Wood I turned north and rode 335, across on 41, and then jumped on 336 back down to Leaky. The loop itself is about 100 miles. At Leaky, again on 337 towards Camp Wood and then to the South on 55 on my way to the Mexican border.

You can see from the map that there are other interesting stops like Lost Maples Park, Lone Star Motorcycle Museum, etc.

I would bypass these attractions, do the sisters, and then proceed on to the border so I could get to Del Rio by nightfall and cross into Mexico the next morning.

More detail and photos of the sisters, the border, and Mexico coming up…

Last edited by Martinis at 8; Jul 24, 2009 at 8:06 am Reason: migrating pictures