FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Bangkok property is closest to airport?
Old May 8, 2009, 9:53 am
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I'll be arriving late into Bangkok, then out early the next morning ... but I'm interested in picking up a stay for the free weekend nights promotion. Are any of the Starwood properties particularly closer to Suvarnabhumi than others?
With your particular situation (arriving late & departing early) all SPG properties are , more or less, within the same distance. I'd chose a hotel with the best rates.

Originally Posted by Sojourner
The Mercure Fortune Hotel is right off the Rama IX Expressway coming from the airport at Ratchadaphisek Road, and is actually closer than either the Sheraton or Westin on Sukhumvit as a taxi is likely to take you (in fact you can head south from the same exit down to Sukhumvit to get to those hotels, they're the next major intersection south on Ratchadaphisek, which is actually Asoke Road down there).

For more info on the Mercure Fortune Hotel go to:
http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-5931...ok/index.shtml
The Mercure looks nice but the OP is interested in picking up a stay for the free SPG weekend nights promotion. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong here, that Mercure is an Accor property and not Starwood's.