FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - future medalillion levels
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2009, 1:56 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I don't have the link but it is in the promo announcement thread on this board. Highly unlikely they will give you credit as they are very clear about "Register before you fly" in the promo but give it a shot!
I would flat-out beg. With 2 J tickets under the belt, they may be willing to bend the rules, particularly if there are any others that are out there for future travel. 1K+ should keep calling back until he gets the "no chance" answer at least a few times.

As to the OP. Despite the conspiracy theories, I think it is a very, very safe bet that 75k will earn you Plat through 2010. Who knows beyond that, but for 2010, I think the risk is about 0.0000000001% that 75k during 2009 won't qualify. More importantly, I don't see much benefit for MVPG over even DL Gold anyway. Unless you fly an even mix of AA and the elite-earning ST partners, such that you can get MVPG but only Silver elsewhere, or really want to consolidate your AA and BA TATL flights, I don't see why you would keep it at the exclusion of DL Gold. The checked bag fee waivers and upgrades ex-JFK should be enough reason to go DL.

Last edited by pbarnette; May 6, 2009 at 2:09 am