FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}
Old May 5, 2009, 6:33 pm
novaguy30

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
Thumbs down Underwhelmed by Hilton Hawaiian Village

I just got back from a trip to HI. I spent a couple days in the Doubletree in HNL, went off to Big Island for a couple days, and came back to HNL for one last night, which was Hilton Hawaiian Village. We checked in later in the day (9:00PM). In the restroom, on the underside of the toilet seat was diarrhea splatter (size of about a nickle with run off down the seat --all of which dried), which was apparently not cleaned. I called the front desk and they offered to come clean the bathroom. I wanted a new room, preferably on the same floor. They came up about 20 minutes later with a key for another room. The only room on that floor was a jr. suite, which I sort of wondered why they didn't offer that upgrade to me as Diamond, I guess they'd rather keep an open room even though it was late in the day. Anyway, that room also was not very clean. There were large soap/water drops on the bathroom floor, there was easily visible soap grime in the soap dishes, and a large (still wet) wine stain on the carpet.

When checking out the next day, I mentioned the problem with the first room and they directed me to a manager who offered to pay for a taxi to the airport (big whoop). I didn't ask for anything and my fiery side of years ago would have demanded at least a 50 dollar compensation. In any event, the hotel is in a wonderful location but it apparently needs to be taken care better.