FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old May 5, 2009, 3:41 pm
johnep1

Originally Posted by preguntas
I would love the answer to this question, too. Just tried to book a flight with a stop on the outbound and a stop on the return (to Asia, all via Star Alliance gold) and was told, pretty crisply, that I could not do that. Two cities, OK. Three, no way. Please advise, or other FTs, tell me what am I doing wrong? Want to go from Los Angeles to Seoul, then Tokyo, then Hong Kong, then back to US. Thanks for any help!
It's USAir we're talking about, don't bother with the rules - the agents sure don't. Instead, pick your start city, pick your destination city, pick on outbound stopover city and an inbound stopover city, then use the online ANA tool to find award availability, then call USAir and tell them exactly what you want. If anyone throws out any rule or says you can't do something, there is a good chance they made the rule up or don't know how to force the segment in the system, so just hang up and call back.

The important thing is that you have the miles in your account and are ready to ticket then and there. Once you get someone to put through all your segments, stopovers included, you don't want to risk having to call back and be told that you're not allowed to ticket that routing.