FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Astir Palace Complex, Athens, Greece (Luxury Collection & Westin)[Master Thread]
Old May 5, 2009, 6:07 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Just thought I would build up the intel on the Westin as I had a two night stay there this past weekend.

This is an excellent property and I would have no qualms about returning there. I was upgraded to a huge and very comfortable suite with a terrace overlooking the pool and sea that was just a joy to sit out on and read, work on the laptop and soak up the sun (or what there was of the sun this past weekend).

Breakfast was included in my rate and I get the sense that breakfast was included in all rates on offer right now as no one asked me for my room number when I went down each morning. The breakfast buffet is very extensive and has a huge variety of options that would be sure to suit almost every taste.

The public rooms are all very nice and comfortable with excellent views over the water and the facilities top notch. The free shuttle to Glyfada (for connections to the Athens tram) and central Athens is a fantastic service and ideal for a full day's sightseeing. There are a few restaurants in Vouliagmeni, which is the town closest to the hotel and a 20 minute walk away (I particularly recommend the Taverna Lazaridis just off the main square for simple but well prepared food in a very relaxed atmosphere. I get the impression that Glyfada has wider restaurant options (I ate the second night in Athens) and the shuttle is timed to run people there for an early (by Greek standards) dinner and then back again although taxis are also available.

This property has shot very high up my list of preferred *wood properties (although who knows whether I would get a similar upgrade on the next visit) and I look forward to spending some more time there.