FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]
Old May 1, 2009, 6:04 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fuzz
Does anyone know if you can convert a card to the Schwab invest first card, since the Schwab card is also issued by FIA?

fuzz
Originally Posted by southerndoc
No. Not even Schwab's previous rewards card can be converted. It requires a new app and a new account.
It cannot be done if you call the Schwab's world perk card (the other Schwab reward card). I tried that before and was told it was not possible.

However, I called today about the status of my app of the First Invest Visa on 27th because the status still shows pending. We need this card for a loooong trip to Pacific region coming up in 20 days. I have already incurred $50 forex fee since Mar by taking advantage of Prepaid hotel sales. I should have applied the card in January, but I never thought I would prepay hotels.

Anyway, the rep offered to convert my existing World Perk to the Invest First card. I told him no because I still have some award pt balance that I am slowly working it up and do not want to lose it (I think the cash conversion rate is twice as good as the BofA version) . He then offered to take a couple thousands line from World Perk to the Invest First card which he approved on the call. He also assured me the new card will come in 7 to 10 days, ready for our trip.