FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Freddie Awards 2009 Invite
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2009, 12:42 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...so there I am, finishing my business in the men’s rest room near the ballroom where the Freddie Awards is ongoing, when all of a sudden this man wearing a tuxedo with a bright shirt, no tie and flip-flop shoes enters the rest room and informs me that I am missing a drawing where valuable prizes are being given away. That was not the reason why he entered the men’s rest room, but I digress and would rather not go into greater detail. Anyway, two other FlyerTalk members, including one who is a corporate employee of a prominent hotel chain, also enter the men’s rest room.

Needless to say, I did not immediately leave the men’s rest room, especially since I wanted to wash my hands before I returned to the Freddie Awards already in progress.

At what other event could one encounter the master of ceremonies with a personal update of the event in a public bathroom?

Randy Petersen, thank you once again for inviting me and other FlyerTalk members as guests to the Freddie Awards. I personally enjoyed it — including the rather bizarre moment outlined above — and appreciate your now-legendary generosity.