FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2000, 10:11 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Thanks for all your input. I did request a very late checkout (1900hs) this weekend at the Conrad Singapore. Im a HHonors gold, and have stayed at that Conrad a over a dozen (12+) times there in the past 12 calendar months.

They said no, and told me that they would have to charge me a half-day. It wasnt the charge that bothered me, it was the fact that they told me they where very full and that they would need my room yes or yes by 1400hs. That urge suddenly dissapeared when to the agents surprise I said, "OK. Go ahead and bill me, I will stay until 1900".

Besides, just to check, as soon as I got back to my room I called Hilton reservations to book a room (that same day), and they said they still had a room for me....

I dunno, maybe Im just too picky but I still think thats no way to treat a HH Gold VIP member. If you wanna charge me, thats fine, say it straight to my face. I dont need lame excuses.

Its things like this (and several others) that make this 50+ per year hotel stays traveller begin to wonder what Im doing giving an estimated 16 stays to Hilton this year. Ive now been comped to Hyatt Diamond, so its a no-brainer where my Hilton stays are going to go next year.

------------------
Gaucho100K