FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:43 pm
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by holtju2
This has been the modus operandi there for quite some time. You either get corner suite without a club access or a club king. I choose the corner suite.
Sorry but this has been the case until end of 2008. In 2009 they started to upgrade people (RA & A the same) to a newly introduced Executive room category (to comply with T&Cs) which is basically a Grand Deluxe room with some added benefits like free internet & some laundy savings. I had this happen several times and when I asked about it they told me even in writing that this is their new policy.

From that day on I always asked for Club room (I kept trying) or if not possible I requested the Corner Suite which I got. However, by default my reservation was "upgraded" to Executive room approx. 4 times in the last 2-3 months. That is what I meant. Happened to several people. For Amb I think it is okay, for RA not.

Now for my 2 latest bookings they have been upgraded to Club King again which is a welcome return (if so) to how things used to be. If they had your preference for the Corner Suite upgrade in your profile then I think that is why you didn't notice the switch from Club to no Club to Club again. Does it makes sense now? I hope so.

Ohh and thanks for the SGS tip but I got nothing with Starwood. Struggling to maintain RA, Hyatt & Hilton.

Last edited by demue; Apr 28, 2009 at 11:51 pm