FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread
Old Jul 20, 2000, 11:44 am
Tim_T
Original Member

Welcome Wannafly.

A year or so past, it was harder for leisure travelers to accrue points in HHonors. Now, with the changes to the program allowing most rates to qualify, it is much easier. Coupled with this, the inclusion of Hampton inns etc in the program open up more points earning opportunities. The promotion with United flights also bring further points.

Remember you can transfer most US airline miles into your account, so if you have a few K of miles not doing anything, move them into HHonors

If you don't already have a HHonors card, join on line (you get a 1000 or 2 for this), also update your email online, again a further 1000 miles or so bonus. You can also sign you husband up the same why, and then combine the accounts into a mutual account. This allows HHonors points earned by both of you to be combined.

The best way to earn big is with the promotions. In the past HHonors have run promos that could net you 50000 bonus miles. For example, I received a targeted mailing yesterday from Virgin Flying club that offered 50000 bonus miles and gold status after 4 stays. OK, the targeting was rather poor for me, as I'm already Diamond.

You can of course use your safeways club card to earn United miles (250usd = 125 miles) and then transfer to HHonors (125 miles = 250 HHonors points).

Getting to a 100k + shouldn’t take forever, but whether you're be dead first, who knows