FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA plans to replace the walk-through metal detect with MMW
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:47 pm
triehle

Programs: ual, aa, hertz, starwood, hilton
Originally Posted by Bart
You've always had the option of bypassing the WTMD, ETP and/or this new technology. However, if you do so, you still have to undergo screening. That leaves the full body pat down. There's no insisting to it; it's purely your choice. Again, as I understand it, you do not have to go through these body scanners and can opt to go through the regular WTMD.
Current policy: Go through WTMD. If you beep (after a few chances), you "undergo screening," often including a pat-down. I NEVER beep. My daugther and son NEVER beep. Therefore, almost no pat-downs.

New policy: Either me, my daughter or my son must have nekkid pictures of us taken, or we get trip through the WTMD...AND a pat-down.

Don't you see how that adds up to a lot more pat-downs for me than under current policy, since I am not personally going to be posing for any nekkid pictures, and if you insist on taking nekkid pictures of my daughter or son, I'll pop you one in the nose.

Last edited by triehle; Apr 27, 2009 at 1:30 am