FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
Old Jun 10, 2000, 9:39 am
Chiangi

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

I stayed at the Conrad in Singapore last week, paying a walk-in rate of roughly 300 Singapore dollars.

Upon check-in, I asked for a high-floor room and the check-in agent told me I need to pay 20 dollars more to get a high-floor room.

I then asked if I would have upgrade based on my Gold status. She said no, adding that I would get an upgrade if I pay 20 dollars more. I was staying there only for about 10 hours so I settled down with a room on the seventh floor.

This was the second stay with a Hilton for me. When I had the first stay I had in BKK, they upgraded me into an executive floor without asking. I paid a rather low rate of 75 dollars then.

I am wondering which is more common with the Hilton or the Conrad -- upgrading without asking or upgrading on condition that I pay more.

I have logged more than 25 stays with SPG and am selecting a second program for elite status. Last week's experience really has made me wonder if it is wise to move some business to the Hilton.

[This message has been edited by Chiangi (edited 06-10-2000).]