FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)
Old Jun 17, 2000, 4:13 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Adam, I think you HHonor's folks must just be backlogged. I emailed about two months ago about not getting the internet booking bonus on a March stay (which itself posted promptly all the way from South Africa -- nice upgrade to a ExecFloor suite even on a deeply discounted rate: the lounge was closed for rennovations, but that wasn't a hastle) and got a reply a week later that it would be adjusted shortly. When after two months it did not show up, I emailed again to remind them. The bonus posted last week, then yesterday I got an email back from one of the HHonors service staff saying it had been posted already.

Also noted elsewhere was the problem about getting through on the phone and fax lines. I've never experienced any problems as a Gold member, and even in the days when we had to pay for the long distance call, it was always picked up quickly and the problem handled efficiently so as not to cost me too much on the phone call.

By the way, did you visit the John and Yoko suite at the AMS Hilton? The staff was very obliging letting me take a look when I stayed there a couple of years ago. As coincidence would have it, it was the anniversary of John's assassination!

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 06-17-2000).]