FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call Centre: Ticketing system 'down', SQ unticketed res expires in ~1hour, any thoughts?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:07 am
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Unhappy Ticketing system 'down', SQ unticketed res expires in ~1hour, any thoughts?

Resolution Edit: I got lucky, the systems came back online in time and a very good agent (Shita, thanks!) must have actioned on my earlier requests and put the tickets to the front of the queue. All ticketed in time, this might be a useful thread for anyone else with my rising level of panic over the past few hours

Pretty much as the title;

Made a booking yesterday at 2.30pm British time for 3 reservations - 2 of them included SQ&OZ, the other was LX, OZ & SK. None has yet ticketed (despite request for immediate ticketing). I've given a call every hour or so to the call centre today to try and get ticketed - and been told that the ticketing system is down from 9am onwards (about 5 agents now, including one who took down the references and said she would action them once the system returned). However, I have to assume that the system will not return before SQ auto-cancel the reservations.

I assume I am ok on the reservation with LX/OZ/SK and this won't be cancelled yet?

But for the SQ reservation - can I see on checkmytrip that the trips has been cancelled, what is the 'code' I will be able to see? Will only the SQ tickets be cancelled, and the OZ portion of the trip unchanged?

Will the seats I've booked be returned to the pool immediately?

Am I best ringing again at about 2.35pm, after checking on ANA, and rebooking exactly the same flights (not even sure if I can if the systems are down)? My miles haven't been taken as of yet from my account, not sure about the credit card but it could take a second set of charges if needed.

Is there anything else I can do? Feeling a bit helpless, and after such a positive experience yesterday as the whole booking process went very smoothly. I am assuming that calling SQ directly is no use, can I ask them to delay their auto-cancel..

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated... otherwise I'll be giving calls every 20 mins or so and hoping the system returns (unlikely if its been down for at least 4 hours I'm guessing)

Thanks, for what are becoming too regular requests for advice from me at the moment (sadly, clearly not my weekend!)

Edit: Just thought, I'm going to LHR tonight, can the ticketing desk there do anything for me?

Last edited by littlevoices; Apr 26, 2009 at 8:53 am Reason: Updated with resolution