FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dulles to Moscow on UA – the ULTIMATE double EQM run – right now anyway!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:53 pm
aisleorwindow
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Well, I tried to do the DME turn today, originating in ORD.

I was armed with the printed rules, (thanks to Glen), but the agent was not interested. She was polite, but firm. It was obvious there was no way she was going to allow me to go to DME.
Funny thing was, she told me that I was second person to try this today - OK which one of you was it?!?!?!

Anyways, there was no sense in arguing, so she offloaded me and I went home. I asked her to please put a note in the record explaining what had happened and she agreed.

I have now just sent a note to the 1K Voice e-mail address, explaining the situation, including a copy of the rules from timaticweb and a web link in case they want to check it themselves.

I politely requested that I be credited for the flights, including DEQM, and the 3K miles for the Moscow bonus promotion. I think this is fair, considering it was a United agent that made the error. I also made it clear that I was not asking for any kind of additional compensation - just want the miles.

I'm actually kinda bummed, as I was really looking forward to this fun little adventure and getting some much-needed reading done without any distractions. It looks like I would've easily had a full row of 3 seats to myself. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Will keep y'all posted.