FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do they have to honor their price even if it's a glitch?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:26 am
resfeber

Sorry, but my original post had all the details and then after the response I decided to take them all away.
To make a long story short, I found a very low fare on Momondo, directing me to sky-tours.com where I 'booked' the fare by filling out my passenger and billing info, including my credit card info. I then got an email right off showing my itinerary, as found, and that they would contact me in 3-18 hours if anything was wrong. So of course I didn't hear from them all day yesterday but when I woke up this morning, there was an email from them that was sent at 3am saying 'Unfortunately that fare is no longer available' and they suggested one that was $500 plus more than the fare I found (which is still be shown on momondo as one of their latest fares found on the site, except of course now it doesn't exist when you click on it).

Anyway, my original question was if the company would try to find a way out of it since it was a very obvious low fare, and if I could hold them to it. But now they've emailed as I suspected. I just think it's really shady how they waited until the last minute to let me know when it's obvious it's too late to find that fare now. Was it probably a glitch or mistake to start with? Who knows, but it's not my problem.

I still have the flight details from the itinerary they sent me if anyone wants to see. I won't be using either company any longer since they are unreliable in my eyes.