FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:26 am
TrojanFan

OK -- so I'm getting ready to rebook my TYN flight (which is scheduled on Delta for Jan 2010) to book flights for me and my wife to Spain. It is my understanding that I need to do the following:

1) Call Delta and have them cancel the TYN flight and rebook myself on the new flight to spain. My understanding is this will satisfy the requirement that the first rebooking be under the same name as the original TYN flight (yes?). After rebooking, it will leave about $1000 in a Delta eCredit.

2) Then tell them I want to use the remaining funds from the generated eCredit number to book the same flight for my wife.

I'm thinking if I get a decent customer service agent, I can probably just tell them what I want to do, rather than making it a two step process, yes? Or is it safer to just worry about rebooking myself first, and then tell them about my wife after the fact?

Sorry if this is a pretty basic question -- I just don't want to do something to screw up my TYN credit. Thanks!