FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free Nights Promotion
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:59 pm
mommafrica

It sounds as if PC is trying to become the DL of the hotel industry.
a) Like DL's 150% promo that wasn't supposed to be released, its current promo excludes the bottom tier(w/ NW as their sidekick). No other airline is doing this. Someone has to pay.
b) In PC's promo, everyone is at the bottom tier. They cash n by having u "buy" 8 nites w/ no incentives(no "all-ins"). U receive no pts/tier status. And if u check #8 of the T&C's on pg 1 u will see that the FN's can be cancelled but at the expense of a forefeiture. Someone has to pay.

Could u imagine Hyatt doing this! Even if u did lose ur FFN on a forefeiture, u would still have earned pts & elite status on ur paid stays. The promo also ran consecutively w/ other promos, such as the "dbl-stay" promo. But if everyone were to support PC n this promo, then Hyatt would sure follow to do the same. Thus n the end u would only hurt yourselves n the long-run.
W/ this, PC will definitely get back some of their losses. Think about it, where would u vacation the most if u had those 4 nites-ASIA(and their not even apart of this promo! Even worse, their talking about taking back previous pts that fall n the realm of the promo dates even though u may have signed up for the promo late n June (imagine Hyatt doing this).
I came to FT late last yr w/ 3k pts. After reading & trying to figure out PC FT I was able to do a stay that got me 7k pts. This yr after more intense reading I did a stay for 17,960. I have a lot of rez's for this yr. I'm praying that PC WILL FIGURE OUT TO DO RIGHT SUCH AS HYATT & this way I have a chance to make PLAT.