FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cris-cros the Med & the Globe on Emirates, Qantas & Star Alliance in mix of F/C/Y+/Y
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:52 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
HONG KONG to SEOUL INCHEON (HKG-ICN) on Asiana 767 747-400(Combi) in business class

I'd noticed the day before that the aircraft operating this flight had been switched from 767 to 747 and was glad I had a seat in the nose as a result. When I arrived at the gate boarding had not long commenced and it was apparent the load was very light overall (and also in the nose with just 3 passengers).

This flight was almost a mirror image of the same flight I'd taken less than 3 weeks prior. There were a few minor differences. Much better service - my glass wouldn't even get half empty before it was topped up. We had a delay in pushing back due to ongoing congestion at Hong Kong from the heavy rain earlier in the day. The flight time was also longer, so the combined effect was we arrived some 45 minutes later than last time. There was moderate turbulence the whole flight. I managed to get about an hour's sleep.