FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $50 2nd Checked Bag Fee on Intl Flights Effective 1 July
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:44 am
sxf24
Suspended

Originally Posted by pjpoker
Its been said before, but your going to pay it regardless. Higher fares, fees, whats the difference. At least most people here are educated enough to factor fees into their ticket price.

I'd prefer airlines charge a few fees so that they may be in business in 5 years, rather than only 2 major airlines remaining, able to charge what they want since theres no more competition.
I agree. Although we all dislike the "un-bundling" of the travel experience, there is no proof to show that it drives customers away. In fact, most analysts are critical of WN for leaving hundreds of millions of dollars on the table by not implementing some type of baggage fee. This is the wave of the future, though I would expect to see some "re-bundling" of full fare economy tickets, ala Business Select.

Of course, if airlines are going to charge baggage fees, they need to ensure bags are handled expeditiously and with great accuracy.