FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In-Flight Concierges
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2009, 7:32 am
taupo

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
I wish they would revert this person back to a FA, they are just about the most useless flaps of skin on the plane, from what I can see they do nothing except suck up to passangers which is bloody annoying.
HEAR HEAR and they only suck up to the ones that show on the flight list as certain to gain lots of empathy from , i could not believe the one we had yvr -akl on inaugural 747 flight a few weeks back i was in BP and GE , not a flicker but all the trendies with the right profile...hmmm no i dont need a chit chat in particular but i just think they are genareally a waste of airline money
On my award flight in BP to AKL this past January, the very nice Concierge came by to introduce herself to me, quickly said she was talking to me as a I am an Air Canada *G flyer. She really was incredibly friendly and nice, trying hard to do her job, I just wish she would have left me alone though.
The idea behind the concierge service is great, but I think the concierges' need to be cross trained to do some FA duties as well, and do them.