FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Domestic) Again, Elites sit in back, non-revs up front (fact)
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:06 am
pptp

Originally Posted by Bonehead
...the employees who knowingly took seats in FC in violation of the rules should be reprimanded. "I was only following orders" doesn't cut it.
The non-revs did nothing wrong. As non-revs we pretty much are herded like little sheep and go where we're told, when we're told to. If a gate agent says sit in first, we sit in first because we don't know what's happening behind the scenes that caused them to put us there. This one was 100% the GA's call.

That being said, I agree that this type of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen and I don't think it does that often since there are now so many eyes on the first class cabin and so many tools available. Everyone knows this and are very hesitant to pull any shenanigans. If one thinks of it as stealing money from the company, well, that's a pretty serious infraction.
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Apologies for the dumb question but what does non-rev elite mean? For that matter, does non-rev mean you are either a CO employee or someone travelling on miles?
non-rev = non-revenue PAX, It could be an employee or someone traveling on employee passes. It doesn't necessarily mean that zero was paid for the seat.

There's no such thing as a non-rev elite.