FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cris-cros the Med & the Globe on Emirates, Qantas & Star Alliance in mix of F/C/Y+/Y
Old Apr 19, 2009, 2:59 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
ZURICH to HONG KONG (ZRH-HKG) on Swiss A340-300 in first class

I thought I had time to deal with a couple of messages. However it turned out I missed my booked car, and the one after. The next one they hunted me down in the lounge to make sure I took it

Each transfer is in groups of 3 or 4. First downstairs for a security check. There was one seasoned traveller who was through security as quickly as I was. The other 2 were not so quick. Then immigration to get my second Switzerland stamp. The 3 other car passengers were on different flights.

We had a Merc van take us to E terminal, about 1 minute drive away under the tarmac. Then up lifts to the gate area. My flight hadn't even started boarding, so in hindsight it was good I missed the earlier rides. While there was a first/business line there was no priority for first and we were left to fend for ourselves joining the lengthy queue. It detracted from the transfer experience.

Onboard I was surprised that first class was 7/8 full. The flight had been showing at least 4 discounted first class seats available even just a few hours prior. I guess the family in the second row upgraded?