FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cris-cros the Med & the Globe on Emirates, Qantas & Star Alliance in mix of F/C/Y+/Y
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:35 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
RIYADH to ZURICH (RUH-ZRH) on Swiss A330-200 in business class

This flight originated at Jeddah and there were very few passengers joining at Riyadh. This confused me for I'd forgotten about the JED-RUH leg and I'd seen the flight looking heavily oversold except in first for months. I figured if any flight would get an op-up this trip it would be this one. Indeed there were plenty of op-ups, including economy to business for the passenger seated beside me, but no luck for me. This continues my track record of no op-ups on M&M airlines despite 100+ flights. Priority for op-up seems to not be a SEN+ benefit.

This was my first Swiss longhaul flight and I was looking forward to it.

Prior to departure we were offered drink (water and juice only of course) and handed menus (initially given the wrong ones) plus a pen to fill in the breakfast pre-order form. An amenity kit was in the seat pocket - a little (and flimsy) drawstring bag containing socks, eye mask, ear plugs, toothbrush & toothpaste.

I was pretty tired by now and so skipped supper. I also skipped breakfast knowing I had plenty of time for that in the lounge in Zurich. The flight time was around 5 hours and I wanted to get as much sleep as possible. However the general cabin noise was quite high and so I only dozed fitfully. It seemed that supper and breakfast both took well over an hour to be consumed, leaving little quiet(er) time in between.

When I awoke we were already descending. A bottle of water had been left beside me and I was offered a juice or other drink.

We arrived at E terminal on time, with another passport check on the airbridge.