FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:01 pm
ageofenlightenment
Suspended

Originally Posted by dobba
Ive had access membership for a short while now and it has paid off compared to the free membership I had.

I know the $250 may seem a lot considering you dont really know what you are getting for your money (the Ts and Cs seem suitably vague) especially with the £-$ exchange rate now.

However, if you are a frequent user of their hotels then this has to be a bargain way of getting upgraded rooms.

I have been upgraded each time I have stayed as an acess member and would have had to pay far more then $250 extra for even one of the upgrades so for me it has been worthwhile. I even tend to book lower category rooms as I know at certain hotels that the upgrades are liiley to be forthcoming.
I have to say I think you're wasting your money. I have only the basic level of membership (the free version) and I've been UGed at every single property I've stayed at (an average of 5 / yr) over four years - bar one. Many of the establishments have been even more generous still: gifts etc.

I'm not trying to one up you here, just I think you're wasting your cash in expectation of a benefit that you likely would've had anyway.

I agree with other posts expressing similar sentiment though: the benefits aren't always volunteered. It feels a bit vulgar having to ask, but I suspect that other than the occasional front desk staff issue of non-familiarity with the program, it's often quite deliberate.