FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:33 am
uastarflyer
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TrickyC
Moving forward, there is a new Diamond VIP Terrace (by the Bali restaurant) where a continental breakfast is offered. No opportunity to upgrade to warm breakfast. First days' offerings: coffee, juice, mini croissants and a single type of mini puff pastry. Two days later, fruit and hard boiled eggs have been added (an answer to the Great Protein Revolt of 2009?).
We were there this past week as well and got to experience the initial very pathetic rollout followed by the minor upgrade with fruit/eggs. They actually had a few donuts out on Friday. At least they didn't have the stones to try to charge me an extra $6 for my child.

But beyond that negative quibble, we had an outstanding week-long stay (paid stay). Location, the beach, the pools, shops, penguins, and an upgrade to a high-floor oceanfront (diamond head side) room in the Rainbow tower made the stay simply excellent.

I like the fact it is about 2-3 properties removed from the heart of the nouveau touristy section of Waikiki (the typical vuitton, apple, pf changs cookie-cutter stuff), which kept the beach crowds down relative to other sections of the downtown beach.

We were given 90 minutes in a "hospitality room" to use to freshen up several hours after we checked out, a nice amenity before catching a redeye flight back to the mainland (on UA of course). We were able to use parking in/out privileges after checkout as well until we finally left for the airport.

Last edited by uastarflyer; Apr 14, 2009 at 2:31 am