FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:29 pm
SleepDoc

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Milwaukee->New York City->Dallas->Oklahoma City->Arkansas->Memphis->Chicago->Home

A long trip away from home!

The SleepDoc family left the cozy surroundings of the Westin Beale Street and drove up to the Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago for the 2nd to last leg of our trip home. I can't say I'm going to do much justice on this hotel review as there are great reports from Blissworld and CheapElite with pictures above.

Arrived at the hotel and then waited and waited a bit more before we were both helped with our luggage and to have the car valeted. Check-in was a bit smoother... on my day of arrival I noted that I was upgraded to an Executive Suite, High Floor. FDA was friendly and professional. I took my amenity points, signed my dog waiver and we proceeded to go upstairs to our suite.

Our suite was on the 7th floor and just right across from the elevator. It essentially was an oversized room with a tiny bathroom and nicely sized closet. I would have to say that the Crown Suite and the 1BR suite that Blissworld and Cheap Elite received respectively were bigger. But I'm not complaining. Modern furnishing in good wear... the suite had a connecting door to the room over in which we heard the folks for just a brief time.

Entryway View

Panoramic View of the Suite

So just an oversized room with no couch. Just a lounge chair but we can't complain! Martini sure didn't!

Martini

Another Pano View

Bathroom as I noted was kind of small and not to impressive. Large closet with safe was just outside the bathroom door.

Bathroom

Northside of Hancock Building

As others have noted... no lounge and no pool. I didn't try the workout facilities but it appears they have one from CE's pictures above. After so many hours on the road my wife and I opted to eat at the Grill on the Alley. We attempted to order room service however although one can charge your bill back to room for the restaurant they did not offer delivery which I thought was strange. There is a separate 24 hour room service that is not associated with the Grill that one however, can get delivered. We've dined at one of their other locations in Dallas and the service here as well as the food was excellent.

Overall another great stay at a Starwood hotel. My wife and I would definitely stay here again. And with that that's the end of my trip reports.