FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates CGK-DXB-MRU C class
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:39 am
flyphilrun

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Emirates CGK-DXB-MRU C class

Having lurked on FT for some time now I have learnt the traditional greeting for this kind of post : this is my first time, please be gentle....

I had originally hoped to give you the whole kit kaboodle on this trip, ie a full trip report from the word ‘go’ to the word ... well, ‘stop’. However, on leaving the house with Mrs FPR at the beginning of the hols (come back Enid Blyton, all is forgiven) I suddenly found myself in a state of unaccustomed shyness at the thought of waving my camera around and taking pictures of things which basically only a tourist (and I use the word disparagingly) would. We all know that we on FT inhabit a loftier sphere than the mere tourists of this life, we are travellers – and on my drive to the tiny local airport which serves as my homebase I became obsessed with the notion that the snapshot mentality was touristy and definitely not traveller-like. So ingrained did this idea become that it took the whole outward journey, 8 days of doing nothing but relaxing in Bali (yoga, and massage mostly) and 4 mad days of rushing round Jogjakarta visiting things before I finally decided that FT was worth me looking like a dillon for a few hours.
So here fellow travellers is my journey home from Indonesia to the tiny island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean complete with photos of touristy things like airports and lounges and seats. Know, travellers, please that I suffered greatly to bring you this report but that your perusal will assuage the indignity of it all...

Last edited by flyphilrun; Apr 11, 2009 at 7:41 am Reason: no pic??