FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking issues on FB website
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:39 am
kaminski

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I spent some time at the Crown Lounge help desk putting my stash of miles to good use, which was successfully and efficiently accomplished within fifteen minutes.

The agent was of the opinion that the online award booking engine is basically useless. As we have all experienced by now, the booking engine lives in a world of its own, and has been blessed with a very vivid imagination. It has an amazing ability to find availability where there is absolutely none.

Johan
The last time I used the award online site for a trip from BOG to KUL was early last year and what a hassle it turned out to be, wrong mileage deducted,expensive tax which I challenged and was reduced (mistake by the system they said).Then on the return leg from KUL the check in desk couldn't find my reservation and after numerous phone calls,found it,but couldnt give me my two onward journey boarding pass from AMS to CDG and from CDG to BOG.Mad rush in each airport to print out boarding cards..I just hope I dont have the same hassle later this year when I book another award ticket!
What happened to the easy telephone booking service they had years ago..lol