FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:35 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by sven60035
Sure I'm a RA but if I get a 45% discount than I don't expect an upgrade to another room, points or even to be able to use a BOGO. It's called common sense.

I accept what you say is good for you but with respect I think you are missing my point. I don't see that this is anything to do with common sense. Common sense says that you should expect IHG will tell you explicitly what to expect so you can make an informed decision rather than let you take a guess? Isn't that common sense?

In any event, the element of suprise works for you -so that's fine. But it may not work as well for others who may want to eliminate the element of suprise and rationally expect something different if they haven't specifically been informed otherwise.

Apparantly you do not know whether you will get your RA benefits or not and on the rates you have seen, and you're happy with that and you believe that you have made a satisfactory decision. You do not mind or care whether you receive RA benefits or not. I assume that you have compared the rate with the APEX rate and made a judgment based on the incomplete and insufficient information that you have. Others may simply want to know in order to decide.

As it happens I have confirmed upgrades at Singapore using these rates so I perhaps I have made a better more informed decision and therefore saving than you. Both of us are happy with our differing approach.

I know it is a non-qualifying rate because it says so. I do not know whether I can use a BOGOF or not - or get RA benefits because it doesn't say so. It needn't be so unclear. That's all I'm saying!