FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:53 am
uk1
Suspended

I'm well aware of the clause. But it is either a rate intended only for Friends and Family ie a perq or benefit OR it is a promotion.

The reality is that this is an experiment IHG are floating to test viral marketing and see whether they can fill incrmental rooms at lower cost without giving points but with a lower rate than APEX. If they see it important to mention that you do not earn points - a topic presumably of interest more to the non-employees audience - then equally they could have mentioned that you cannot use certificates. In my invitation to renew my wife's Ambassador membership I'm told that the certificate can be used for any weekend stay. It says nothing about restrictions. For that you wait until after you've handed over the cash.

I see nothing at all to justify or excuse not warning customers in the T's&C's of the F&F rate if as it seems it's intended to encourage the public into believing they have a special "secret" rate. It would only take a line.

Last edited by uk1; Apr 8, 2009 at 9:11 am