FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:46 am
uk1
Suspended

Astriker

Let me see I can simplify this as clearly I'm not making myself clear.

You are an IHG employee. This is no secret. You have a web-site with the same handle you use here. I assume therefore that you are confident that your employer knows that you and other senior people are cascading the offers to people who are not "your friends".

You have publicised the offer to FT'ers by posting a link. Even on your footer, you have a link to the F&F offer so that when you post on other forums you will know that non-IC forum users will use that rate. As far as I know, we are not related, so I am not your Family. You will also know that I am not your Friend. You do not know me. So how can I be your Friend? How can anyobdy else here be "your Friend".

Your employer has allowed you - I believe from the volume of these links encouraged you - to invite me and anyone else to use that rate. The T's&C's make clear that I will not earn points. Non-employees will be interested in points earning more than employees. It makes clear that I cannot have my money back once I have made a booking.

So how will people who use the rate that you have taken trouble to publicise know that they cannot use BOGOFs?

Last edited by uk1; Apr 8, 2009 at 7:54 am