FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Greyhound.
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2009, 4:15 pm
gj83

Originally Posted by nd2010
If you need to "be there quick" why not fly, and get there in 2 hours? Do you really want to spend 2 days of your life on a Greyhound bus crammed into a seat worse than economy on any airline? Since you're booking so far in advance,you can fly for about $220 from MIA-CMH, which is less than $100 more than a Greyhound ticket. Factor in about $20 worth of food along the way. You won't be an unaccompanied minor. Greyhound always overbooks buses, and unlike the airlines, they don't have to provide IDB compensation. So if you have to transfer buses, and your connecting bus is full, you get stuck.
Even at minimum wage, if you work during the extra hours you save by flying, you'll end up with more money.
There were many times in college where my friends would think about taking greyhound to save money after looking at airfares and the greyhound fare was more and would take 2 days to get from the midwest to anywhere.

The only time i've taken greyhound in my life was when I needed to get from Kansas City to Columbia, MO. Greyhound provides the best options for this.
I always thought Greyhound is mainly for the credit cardless people or people without IDs. Also people who are afraid of airplanes.