FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Group service to Bristol [BRS]
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:33 am
SmilingBoy

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
The BRU service is better than nothing at all, but it's not great.

- It's a double daily service, but only weekdays. There's a single rotation on Sundays.
Yes, very annoying but standard for many European destinations served from BRU (both with SN and LH).

- The timetable is Swiss cheese throughout May, with lots of awkward missing morning and evening flights
Yes, annoying, too, but this is happening to lots of routes from BRU due to the current economic situation.

- SN don't night-stop at BRS. The earliest BRS-BRU is 10:20, which means getting into BRU at 12:30.
BRU is just not big enough to sustain more services, I think.

- There are virtually no connections to *A long-haul out of BRU. Good-bye BRS-FRA-SIN/BKK/HKG/PVG/KUL/PEK
Indeed, only to the USA on UA, US and soon CO. And of course to Africa on SN.

- Most intra-Europe connections are poor through BRU. I just tried BRS-BRU-HAJ to replace a BRS-FRA-HAJ. It was more expensive, and I had to spend 4 hours on the ground at BRU in both directions. Fail.
BRU-HAJ is also relatively poorly served from BRU. You will find that a number of connections work well though.

- The route is codeshared with LH (and with BD too - if you're crazy enough to book it from their website), and earns Status & Award miles in Miles and More - but there's no *A status recognition.
Will come in due course once SN is in *A!

- The codeshared route won't interline with other *A airlines, and certainly won't create good fares. BRS won't appear on the *A destinations list.
Will come in due course once SN is in *A!

- None of the LH fares I've checked allow BRS-BRU routings - they are all BRS-FRA/MUC/HAM/STR/DUS/ZRH-FRA/MUC/ZRH-XXX
My guess is that this will be changed relatively quickly.